Lazy Sundays will never taste better than with these crispy rosti cakes with avocado and smoked salmon. The potato pancakes are ready in under 30 minutes, leaving you enough time to whip up another round of lattés for you and your guests.
Crispy Potato Rosti
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: about 10 minutes
Serves: 4-6 portions
Garnishes, to taste:
- 2 avocados from Mexico, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Minced chives
- Minced dill
- Sour cream
- Smoked salmon or gravlax
- 4 potatoes, peeled, grated and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, peeled, grated and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup (60 ml) parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- For the rosti cakes, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Shape into patties.
- In a pan, heat oil on medium heat and cook the rosti cakes for about 5 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- When ready to serve, top with sour cream, avocados, smoked salmon and herbs.
Check out more avocado-inspired recipes from avocadosfrommexico.ca/recipes