You won’t be calling for delivery once you try this recipe. This easy-to-prepare Hawaiian pizza packs a ton of flavour and will have even the pickiest eaters asking for more. Store-bought pizza dough makes it quick to prep and any leftover sausage or fruit can be packed as a school snack for the next day. If pineapple is a bit tart for your taste buds, try substituting local and in-season pears.
Sweet and Savoury Hawaiian Pizza
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
• 1 454 g ball fresh pizza dough
• 3/4 cup pizza sauce
• 3 cups grated mozzarella
• 1 1/2 cups kolbassa sausage, diced
• 1 1/2 cups pineapple, chopped
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 red pepper, diced
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to fit a 14-inch round pizza pan (or an 18×13 rectangular pan).
3. Spread pizza sauce over the dough, sprinkle with mozzarella and add toppings.
4. Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is golden and crispy.
5. Broil for 2 to 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
6. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Find more meal and snack ideas at www.walmart.ca/recipes.