(NC) Whether you know your way around the kitchen like a chef or are still perfecting toast, we all face our share of culinary conundrums.
Here’s a roundup of solutions to some common kitchen calamities:
Does your water boil over? Place a spoon across the top of the pot to keep it from boiling over.
Is your sauce lacking? Add a pat of butter to make any sauce more decadent.
Did you have a plating disaster? Serve your pasta family-style in one big platter and let guests serve themselves.
Do you have a disdain for doing the dishes? Try a pasta specifically made for one-pan cooking like Barilla Pronto. Ready in 10 minutes, it has a perfect al dente texture and leaves fewer dishes to clean.
Find more simple and delicious one-pan recipes at www.barilla.ca.
Barilla Pronto Spaghetti with Balsamic Chicken
• 1 box Barilla Pronto Half-Cut Spaghetti
• 3 cups cold water
• 2 cups chicken breast, cooked
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
• 5 basil leaves, chiffonade
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pour whole box of pasta into a large skillet and add 3 cups of cold water, making sure to cover pasta. Turn the burner to high and set timer to 10 minutes. After 7 minutes, add chicken, tomatoes, and vinegar and cook an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat, fold in cheese and sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately.