(NC) Stressing about what to make for a family barbecue or how to spruce up the kids’ after school snacks? Award-winning chef Cory Vitiello explains that simple ingredients are the key to delicious recipes that are easy to make at home.
To help bring this to life Vitiello partnered with the Triscuit Maker Fund, which donated $250,000 to over 50 independent food makers’ campaigns on the crowd funding site Indiegogo.
“I believe that inspired creativity has a simple idea at heart, so I’m working to show support for food makers and celebrate simple ingredients that make delicious creations,” says Vitiello.
Put simple ingredients to work with one of his mouthwatering recipes featuring sweet potato, crumbled chorizo and cracked pepper and olive oil crackers.
Sweet Potato and Crumbled Chorizo Appetizer Makes: 16 Prep time: 15 min
• 16 Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Triscuit crackers
• 1 chorizo sausage, cashing removed
• 1/2 sweet potato, skinned and grated
• 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted
• 1 tbsp olive oil • 1 sprig fresh rosemary
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat and sauté sweet potato and crumbled chorizo sausage for 5 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked.
2. Mix all ingredients into a bowl. Top each cracker with mixture and garnish with hazelnuts and a pinch of fresh rosemary.
Find more simple snack ideas at www.snackworks.ca/en/products/triscuit.aspx.