Mornings are busy. And once the kids are back in school, this time of day can feel downright hectic. Since breakfast is an integral component to the morning routine, whipping up something that’s ultra quick, easy and healthy can go a long way in easing into the start of your day.
A banana-berry smoothie bowl is a perfect way. You can take this bowl to the office or even drink it during your commute – and the kids will love it too. It’s also nutritious – this version is made with Fairlife ultrafiltered milk, which has 50 per cent more protein and 50 per cent less sugar than regular milk.
Banana-Berry Smoothie Bowl
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup (250 ml) Fairlife 2% ultrafiltered, partly skimmed milk
- ½ cup (125 ml) frozen blueberries
- ½ cup (125 ml) frozen raspberries
- 1 frozen banana (frozen in chunks for easier blending)
- 2 tbsp (15 ml) ground flax seeds
- ½ tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- Topping suggestions: sliced bananas, extra berries (fresh or frozen), chia seeds, hemp hearts, granola, nuts.
- Add all ingredients (except toppings) to a blender and process until smooth. Garnish as desired and serve immediately.
Tip: Fresh fruit can be used if frozen is unavailable. Add ice to achieve desired thickness.